Saturday, August 3, 2013

A day without deodorant stinks!

Kamasutra. That’s the name of my deodorant. Yes it’s strong, and smells great. And there hasn’t been a single day in my life (that I can remember) where I have decided not to spray some industrial strength BO blockers on me. My armpits. That’s 90% ME. And I have been through an array of brands… from the one claiming to attract girls wildly to the one claiming to attract girls wildly. The ads always convinced me that I need not be genetically endowed to attract female admirers.… It only costs about Rs 200 a month. Spray and your sprayers would be answered.

Now what I dint know is that a deodorant doesn't only hide your BO, but it also diminishes your olfactory senses. I swear it’s true. Now how do know this? Simple. I experimented. Actually, I forgot to spray myself today morning. Ok honestly, I dint have anyone to impress today. So I thought… what the heck. Let my manly effervescence rise to the occasion. And it did. It rose, and it enlightened.

I might have actually got sensitive to my surroundings, I believe. Thakorebhai, my 60 year old work colleague, does not believe in his own flatulence. It’s a myth for him…he says he’s not into peer pressure. Or like the lunch that some guys have. Cabbage can have difference meanings to different people.

Whenever I am in an elevator, or a closed cabin, I check myself to see if it’s me who’s stinking. It can be my damp shirt during the rain, or the cow poo that I accidentally stepped on, which is holy. Or that ungodly smell at your friend’s place who has pets or great-grand parents. Every thing has a smell. For as humans with a nose, we can smell a lot. But the thing is, as soon as we get used to the smell, our brain ceases to process it as a nuisance. Have you ever passes by the milk factory at Anand, or the industrial belt in Bharuch? People living there hardly notice it. It takes a few weeks to get uses to. Just like oppression.

In the last two years, the price of gas has risen almost 100%. The chai that I had for Rs 4, costs Rs 7.Without ginger. A vada pav costs Rs 20, and a bottle of mineral water is almost touching Rs 20. Prices of real estate are out of my future plan. But my salary has remained constant. Like the apathy of this great democracy. 


There must be a bigger deodorant at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment