Monday, August 5, 2013

Judge-mental.


It is human to make judgments  Of course, ‘Judges’ do that as a profession, but I think they should not be called so. ‘Logical deductioneers’ I would call them. If that were a word. This word has a negative connotation… as if the derivation was made based on some bias. It normally is. We judge people based on the color combination of their clothes, hairstyles, grooming habits, money, internet history etc. But isn't it as shallow as calling ourselves sane? We do that on every occasion, sub-consciously, and consciously. So the thin guy with a feminine voice has to be a homo, ain't it?

I never met Russel Brand. Nor do I know him or any of his works. But somewhere, I was ‘led’ to believe that he is a douche. I cannot, for the love of my life, think of the origin of this conclusion. One word. Katy Perry. But if there were to be a ‘Match the column’ test; and ‘Russel Brand’ and ‘arsehole’ were in opposing columns, I would make them neighbours. But today I happened to see few of his interviews, and a synopsis of his book. And I must say, he was not what I expected. Smart and intelligent. He would know the difference between those two words.
So, back to judgement. The younger brother of ‘stereotypes’. “All horses are animals, but all animals are not horses.” That’s a ‘judgement’ embryo.

No comments:

Post a Comment